Media Buyer (TV) - 132
Our client provides data-driven advertising using a range of metrics to help companies optimize their TV campaigns. They’re looking for a junior-level media buyer, preferably located in New York, who is adept at negotiating and cultivating relationships with media industry and TV networks at all levels. You’ll work alongside internal teams to review purchases through data and analytics, so strong communication skills and a passion for TV are a must. The ideal candidate is a savvy salesperson with good instincts and an attention to detail.
- Purchase TV inventory and monitor networks for cutting-edge opportunities, changes in demographics, and packages.
- Work with technology and product teams to help automatic and optimize media-buying
- Regularly update pricing and availability
- Negotiate pricing on behalf of clients
- Actively participate and act as TV authority in client meetings
- Report to clients and build long-term relationships
- Collaborate with client strategy and analytics teams
- 2 + years of professional experience with TV media buying in national and local television— cable/broadcast experience preferred
- 1+ years of experience with streaming
- Proficient in marketing and sales funnel KPIs
- Welcomes automation and values data, analytics, and engineering
- Interest in following advertising and media trends
- Go-getter attitude that seeks out new opportunities
- Strong Excel and Google Sheets skills
- Occasional travel
Searchlight is a digital recruitment firm specializing in media, advertising, and emerging technology. Our expertise includes media sales, marketing, technology sales, media, client services, project management, ad operations, and other clients facing roles. If you are looking for a career in digital, we'd love to hear from you!